Telehealth Video Conferencing
The Shemer Medical Center offers state-of-the-art telehealth ISDN or IP video conferencing technology that allows patients, family members, and doctors to participate in a virtual meeting with our medical staff at Shemer to discuss the patient's condition and treatment plan. All conferences are conducted with staff that is fluent in the patient's, his/her doctors',or family's mother tongue.
Our video conferencing capabilities enable our patients to get the most out of their experience with the Shemer Medical Center through a wide range of opportunities, including:
- Enabling patients to virtually meet their personal medical consultants and physicians face-to-face, prior to their arrival.
- Assisting with a general visual assessment of the patient, and accordingly his/her treatment plan.
- Facilitating the assessment of the patient's condition by enabling our staff, doctors, and surgeons to consult with the patient's existing doctors.
- Updating concerned family members, who did not accompany the patient, by enabling them to stay in touch with the patient or escorting family members.
- Enabling the patient to receive follow-up consultations after he/she has returned home.